Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Review: Choices and Illusions

Choices and Illusions: How Did I Get Where I Am, and How Do I Get Where I Want to Be?Choices and Illusions: How Did I Get Where I Am, and How Do I Get Where I Want to Be? by Eldon Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's not often that I pick up a non-fiction book. Why? Because I don't like to be told that I'm doing something wrong. Who does?

Still, the premise of this book intrigued me, and I decided to give it a try. It's not lightly that I say it's one of the best self-help books I've read.

With a caring voice, Eldon Taylor helps you recognize how you are programming your own mind, usually in the wrong way. By believing in negative thoughts, by setting limitations dictated by what culture calls "possible", you are likely not happy.

What would happen if you dared to change? If you started to really believe in yourself and reprogram your mind to break all those limitations? How much happier would you be? How much better would you treat the people around you?

That's what this book is about. I encourage you, if you need motivation to take that first step, read this book. Read Eldon Taylor's stories of the changes that have taken place in his own life, and in the lives of others, by letting go of the illusions that plague you.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment