Friday, August 17, 2012

A-wooooooo! See? I Can Speak Wolf

Last night I finished the second book in Tamora Pierce's Immortals series, so I figured I'd share my short review.  You can also read it on Goodreads by clicking here.  

Wolf-Speaker moved a little slowly compared to the first book. It wasn't quite as exciting, but I still enjoyed it very much. Daine learns a few things in this book, including not judging a book by its cover. Numair isn't in this book as much as he's in the first one, but he's still great. We also get quite a few new characters that add to the story, and the badger makes a few appearances.

The thing that made this book feel as if it drug on was the fact that Daine spends a lot of time just tagging along with some sort of animal instead of actively doing something herself. Yes, that is the cool thing, in a way, but it got old pretty fast. The most exciting part of the book for me was near the end, when Daine herself was actually fighting in her own form.

I had mixed feelings about the villains in this book. I know that this is a book meant for younger teens, but I still would have liked to know a bit more about them. The overall plot was good, but the villains themselves seemed a little too one-sided to me.

Overall, I really liked this book and look forward to the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment