Monday, April 1, 2013

April Resolutions



The weather here today is incredibly nice for this time of year.  It makes me so excited for spring.  I don't plan on making any super ambitious resolutions for this month, however, as life has been pretty busy lately.  Here's hoping that I can be lenient with myself and still get some things done. 

Funny enough, this picture was taken last September.

 

Organize Recipes

We have a corner of our kitchen where those loose printed recipes just get tossed.  Some of them are great and we're saving the sheet so that we can make them again, others we have yet to make, but it's quite the mess.  I'd like to sort through these and find a better place for them to be or a better way to store them.  

Pinterest might not help this problem much, but there are so many great recipes!


Read At Least 4 Books

I plan to read 50 books during the course of this year, so I'd like to stay on track for that.  Knowing me, four books shouldn't be too tough.  Plus, the weather's nice enough that I can sit outside and read!
 

Keep Writing/Editing

I'm not going to make myself crazy and carry over my goal of finishing my first draft, but I'd like to at least keep going, no matter how slow the pace.  If I stop and put my novel down for a month, I know that I may never get my momentum back.  

Watch What I Eat

I know this is a very general goal, but I'd just like to remind myself to be aware of what I'm eating.  I'm not going to be too hard on myself, just smart. 
 

Yoga 4 Times a Week

This worked out pretty well last month, so I think I'll try it again.  I like the freedom to skip a day or two if I want to get to bed earlier, but I want to keep myself accountable and at do it at least some of the time.  


All in all, it looks like April will be a busy and (hopefully) productive month.  What are your resoultions?

6 comments:

  1. Great goals! How do you like yoga? I tried the P90X yoga once and miserably failed. I am sure it works for some (obviously you) but not for me. Somehow the plyometrics resonated with me more... though why I do not know considering it was probably harder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy yoga, though I prefer the easy going, stretchy routines since I do it right before bed. Rodney Yee has some great dvds that have some simple routines for beginners. Element also has some good videos with half hour routines that are a little bit more challenging, but still good. If you feel like trying it again, I recommend that you check them out!

      Delete
  2. Being patient with yourself is key! Best of luck to you with your goals and thanks for linking up, again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with your goals! And thanks for the tip (in your comment above) about the yoga dvds. I've been looking for a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete