Friday, November 30, 2012

December Resolutions



December is always a busy month for most people, I think.  Christmas cards, Christmas parties, Christmas shopping, as well as all the other normal stuff of life tend to pile up during this month and often leave people stressed out when they should be enjoying themselves.  For me, December is particularly crazy as well as particularly fun because my birthday is on the fourteenth, just over a week before Christmas.  In light of this, I’m going to try to be productive this month as well as take some to enjoy myself and not stress out. 

Read Eight Books

 

I have eight more books to read if I want to have read 60 books in the course of 2012.  This might be a tough goal to hit with work and other parts of life vying for my time, but I’m going to try my hardest.  I plan on reading some classics this month as well as some lighter books to change things up.  Currently, I’m reading The Three Musketeers, next is A Change Of Fortune by Jen Turano and then the original Star Wars trilogy.  I got Star Wars in a leather bound version on Black Friday.  Yeah, I know, I have a problem.


Enjoy My Birthday

 

I turn eighteen this year (Eeeep!), so I want to try and make this birthday a particularly special memory.  I plan on going to a gluten-free café with my parents and then going shopping sometime near my birthday, as well as going to see The Hobbit in theaters with a few of my geeky friends.  I’m incredibly excited for it.  

As a random fact about me, I actually spent most of the day of my sixteenth birthday playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II.  It’s a great game and all, but I think I would rather remember spending my eighteenth birthday with my friends and family.  You’re cool, Starkiller, but you’re not real.  Sorry.  

Hey!

Get Back To Writing

 

NaNoWriMo was an awesome ego boost for me, but there’s one problem: I’m still not done.  Even if it’s just a little bit, I need to get to writing again sometime this month before this story becomes a project that I never complete.  Even if it’s just a few hundred more in the course of the month, at least I’ll be remembering it and thinking of what to do next.  

There are my resolutions for December.  What are yours?

This post inspired by Kelli at SheLearnsAsSheGoes     

3 comments:

  1. Great goals for the month! Happy (early) birthday to you! My birthday is this month too! Mine is on the 16th though :) I know what you mean about it being stressful... some people don't understand how having a birthday could be stressful. lol.

    If it makes you feel any better, there was a huge blizzard on my 16th birthday. It was a Sunday and the weather was so bad that church was cancelled (that NEVER happens with my church). So I ended up spending my day watching Bananas in Pajamas. Good show by the way... if you're five. ;)

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy early birthday to you, too. That's cool that your birthday is only two days later than mine. Yes, it can be hard to have so much going on in one month.

      Haha! That's another interesting way to spend your 16th birthday. I mostly spent the day playing The Force Unleashed II because it was a new game that I had just gotten the day before as a present from one of my brothers. I was so excited to see what was going to happen next that the day was gone before I knew it.

      Delete
  2. First off, thank you for visiting my blog and for you sweet comment. :) I hope you have fun with your goals too. :)
    P.S. I love your blog's layout. :)

    ReplyDelete